GeoGebra Institute of Prishtina aimed to empower students and teachers of all levels to learn and organize mathematics teaching through the free use of interactive software and materials prepared by the international community of teachers and published on the website www.geogebra.org. The main goal of the GeoGebra program was to advance teaching and learning mathematics. This goal was intended to be achieved through:
- Organizing trainings for teachers and students of higher secondary schools and faculties;
- Develop and distribute different models for presenting different mathematical concepts and ways of solving tasks in this course;
- Participate in various meetings and conferences. The main activities and achievements of the project were:
- Albanian translation of the guide: KEC engaged an expert on using the GeoGebra program to translate its user guide into Albanian. This was done in order to enable the use of the GeoGebra program by mathematics teachers who have problems with communication in English.
- Participation in various conferences: To promote the establishment of IGP and the GeoGebra program for a wider community of mathematics teachers, KEC participated in the one-day mathematics conference organized on March 23, 2012 by the American University of Kosovo. At this conference the GeoGebra program was presented and clarifications were provided on how to use it. To put contact with the International GeoGebra Institute and better understand the forms of cooperation in the future, the programme coordinator participated in the annual international conference of IGI held on 20-23 September 2012 in Warsaw, Poland.
- Training teachers and students to use GeoGebra: KEC has organized several workshops for training teachers and students for the efficient use of the GeoGebra program.
- Preparation of model lessons: One of the criteria for certification of geoGebra program is the preparation of sample lessons by participants. During 2013, 82 teachers prepared model lessons and earned the right to certification. All model lessons are being stored in the program’s database. The most successful lessons have become part of the guide and are used during the organization of the most instructive trainings.
Implementation period01/02/2012 to 15/09/2013
Donors and Partners