The overall objective of EU-SIMRAES II is to support the Government of Kosovo in the development of democratic and multi-national society by implementing the strategy of the Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities and its action plan. The specific objective of the project is to ensure fair access of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children to pre-primary, primary and secondary education by improving the enrollment, continuity and achievements of children through community and financial support. Activities of the first component implemented by KEC:
- Support the operation of 10 teaching centers.
- Awareness is made by parents of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities to enroll children in school on time.
- Logistical support is provided to children of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities to continue their pre-primary education.
- Individual mentoring and homework assistance is offered to school-aged and returning children.
- Training against prejudices for teachers and parents is organized and mentoring/counseling is provided to ensure the implementation of the competences received.
- Local events are organised to help better integrate children of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities at school level.
- Inclusion of roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children from 10 target locations in pre-primary, primary and secondary education and improved learning outcomes.
- Improved access and occlusivity of roma, Ashkali and Egyptian children in higher secondary education and improve their capacities to benefit from higher education
- Organizations working in the field of education of Roma, Ashkali and Egyptian communities improve their capacity to provide quality services to members of their communities.
Implementation period01/04/2016 to 31/10/2019
Donors and Partners